BC Vault supports ALL ERC20 tokens (currently >163.000) from the release v1.2.2 of the application and firmware (you have to enable "Advanced mode" in Application Settings/Preferences).
Please notice following information about ERC20 Tokens:
- ERC20 Tokens (native and custom added) are all linked to your Ethereum (ETH) wallets, as ERC20 is actually Ethereum extension. Sending/Receiving operations are thus linked to actual ETH wallet address.
This means your wallet password and pin of parent ETH wallet will apply!
- You can not delete ERC20 Token wallets (as they are actually ETH wallets)
- Removing Custom ERC20 Token from the BC Vault application will preserve the value of all tokens as you are not deleting the actual ETH wallet (that is the actual holder of all ERC20 tokens). You are only removing the definition of a token.
- Make sure you have ETH in the same ETH wallet, where you keep the ERC20 tokens if you want to send them. Gas for ERC20 tokens is always paid in ETH!
- Contract Address
- Decimal Places
- Full Name (You can choose that to your linking)
- Short Name (You can choose that your linking)
We suggest the following approach to get the correct information (example for MAKER (MKR) Token on Coin Gecko):
- Open https://coingecko.com
- Type "Maker" in search field on top right side
- Select "Maker (MKR)"
- Under Tags you can see "Token" and under Explorers you see link to Ethereum blockchain explorers. This tells you that this is indeed an ERC20 token
- Click on Explorers/Etherscan.io link
- Once you come to the Etherscan.io site you can see all the required data (specifically Contract Address and Decimals)
- It is possible to look for the data directly on https://etherscan.io, but be careful as you can get many search hits for same token name, you have to choose the correct one!
For example to add MAKER (MKR) Token go to "Settings"->"Application Settings"->"Add/Modify ERC20 Tokens"->"Add New Custom ERC20 Token":